New DIY Kits and Vintage Ephemera in the store today.
The “Vintage Book Craft Pages” and “DIY Kits” come with “19 Great Projects to Upcycle Old Book Pages.”
Here are a few of those ideas for you to get started on if you want to get your creative juices flowing for decoupage, collage, card-making, art journals, scrapbooks, gift tags, mail art, artist trading cards, mixed media, altered art, assemblage, jewelry making and other one of a kind works of art. You will be inspired to create vintage, shabby chic, retro, antique, steampunk, and literary themed gifts and décor.
from: 19 Great Projects to Upcycle Old Book Pages
- Cut strips of text and fill a clear jar or ornament.
- Outline a simple drawing in marker, then fill with watercolor or colored pencil to let the original text show through.
- Run a page through your printer and use the page as a “canvas” for a quote or an image.
- Try “black-out” poetry, by covering most of the text, but leaving key words visible to create a unique poem.
- Add texture to your page by dipping yarn in white glue, then creating a design over the text.
What are you creating today?